AWS Kinesis and Kinesis Firehose
Training for DevOps, Architects and Developers
Integrating with RedShift, S3 and EMR
This Kinesis course teaches the basics of the AWS Kinesis distributed streaming service. The Kinesis distributed streaming service is one of the most powerful and widely used reliable streaming platforms. Kinesis is a fault tolerant, highly scalable and used for log aggregation, stream processing, real-time data analytics, real-time metrics & reporting and integrates nicely with Amazon EMR. With the rise of IoT, stream processing is becoming more important.
This course provides a technical introduction to all the conceptual and practical areas needed to use the Kinesis Streaming Service successfully, and deploy to production.
This course is written expressly for Developers who must develop and DevOps who must deploy. The course provides a solid foundation in the architecture ok Kinesis and how to work with it.
After taking this course, you will be ready to work with Kinesis in an informed and productive manner.
We provide more than just developer training. We provide the training to maximize your developer and DevOps expertise.
In this three to four day hands-on course, developers, and DevOps learn how to build applications that can publish data to and subscribe to data from, the Kinesis service. They learn about the setup and maintenance of the Kinesis service.
Why choose us and our Kinesis Course
We have successfully deployed the streaming solutions at large fortune 100s and very high traffic web properties. We have been there and done that and understand when and where streaming platforms makes sense and how to avoid common pitfalls.
”(The instructor) taught an onsite course at our office…. I highly recommend (the instructor). The training was thorough, and the examples were non-trivial. … He was ready with answers to the most detailed of questions.” –Jack
“He’s an engaging instructor who is genuinely interested in his client’s results. He did a great job customizing our course content to meet our exact needs. A few months earlier we had another vendor teach a similar course without nearly the same positive results. “ –John
”(The instructor) knowledge of … technologies is both deep and wide. His training and mentoring skills are the best that I’ve come across. His passion and proficiency has been inspiring for me and many others in the development community.” –Tom
(The instructor) delivered what was hands-down the best technical training I’ve ever received. He also played a key role on a large project, and it was always a great pleasure to work with him. –Aaron
Being a consultant as well as an teacher, he speaks from experience and possesses a deep knowledge of his subject areas. Highly recommended. –Thomas
Kinesis Course Information
Duration: 3 to 4 days
Labs: Minimum 50% hands-on labs
Reasonable Java experience some knowledge of asynchronous programming.
- Understand the motivation for using a streaming service like Kinesis
- Understand Kinesis at a high-level
- Understand Kinesis Firehose at a high-level
- Basic setup of Kinesis
- Understand the Kinesis architecture
- Understand how to setup Kinesis for fail-over and disaster recovery
- Understand the use cases for Kinesis
- Ability to compare Kinesis to SQS, SNS and Kafka
- Ability to use Kinesis for real-time data analysis
- Understand the role of Kinesis Firehose
- Understand how Kinesis and EMR integrate
- Understand how Kinesis and RedShift integrate
- Ability to create producers and consumers using the Kinesis APIs
- Ability to send data via files with the Kinesis agent
Kinesis Course Outline:
- Kinesis Introduction
- Kinesis Setup
- Kinesis Architecture, Use Cases and Best Practices
- Working with the Kinesis CLI
- Setting up IAM for Kinesis
- Working with DataRecords, Streams, Partitions Keys and Shards
- Setting up a stream
- Writing Producers using API
- Writing Consumers using API
- Handling streams and integration
- Working with KPL
- Working with KCL
- Using Kinesis Agent
- Best practices
- Avoiding common pitfalls
- Monitoring Kinesis with CloudWatch
- Kinesis Firehose Introduction
- Kinesis integration with EMR/Hadoop/Hive
- Brief introduction to EMR/Hive and Hadoop
- Kinesis integration with S3
- Brief introduction to RedShift
- Kinesis integration with RedShift
We can customize the course for your team. We can combine parts of this course with others.
Check out all of our SMACK training
- Cassandra training
- DynamoDB training
- Kafka training
- Kinesis training
- Apache Spark training
- Akka Training
- Subscription Kafka support (Support subscription pricing for Kafka).
- Kafka Quickstart Mentoring Consulting
- Kafka Architectural Analysis Consulting
- Training and mentoring for Cassandra for DevOps and Developers
- Training and mentoring for Kafka for DevOps and Developers
- Redis Consulting
- Redis Training
- ElasticSearch training
- ELK Consulting
- InfluxDB/TICK Training
- TICK Consulting