May 19, 2017
Kafka Tutorial 14: Creating Advanced Kafka Consumers in Java
In this tutorial, you are going to create advanced Kafka Consumers.
Before you start
The prerequisites to this tutorial are
- Kafka from the command line
- Kafka clustering and failover basics
- and Creating a Kafka Consumer in Java.
This tutorial picks up right where Kafka Tutorial Part 11: Writing a Kafka Producer example in Java left off. In the last tutorial, we created advanced Java producers, now we will do the same with Consumers.
This tutorial covers advanced consumer topics like custom deserializers, ConsumerRebalanceListener to rewind to a certain offset, manual assignment of partitions to implement a priority queue, “at least once” message delivery semantics Consumer Java example, “at most once” message delivery semantics Consumer Java example, “exactly once” message delivery semantics Consumer Java example, and a lot more. We also cover various threading models for the Consumer from the easiest (thread per consumer) to a more complex (consumer that is multi-threaded).
This tutorial is under construction, but we have complete example code and slides explaining all of the above. Contact us if you would like the code examples from these slides.
Please enjoy these slides which is the outline for this tutorial.
More to come.
This comprehensive Kafka tutorial covers Kafka architecture and design. The Kafka tutorial has example Java Kafka producers and Kafka consumers. The Kafka tutorial also covers Avro and Schema Registry.
- Kafka Tutorial Part 1: What is Kafka?
- Kafka Tutorial Part 2: Kafka Architecture
- Kafka Tutorial Part 3: Kafka Topic Architecture
- Kafka Tutorial Part 4: Kafka Consumer Architecture
- Kafka Tutorial Part 5: Kafka Producer Architecture
- Kafka Tutorial Part 6: Using Kafka from the command line
- Kafka Tutorial Part 7: Kafka Broker Failover and Consumer Failover
- Kafka Tutorial Part 8: Kafka Ecosystem
- Kafka Tutorial Part 9: Kafka Low-Level Design
- Kafka Tutorial Part 10: Kafka Log Compaction Architecture
- Kafka Tutorial Part 11: Writing a Kafka Producer example in Java
- Kafka Tutorial Part 12: Writing a Kafka Consumer example in Java
- Kafka Tutorial Part 13: Writing Advanced Kafka Producer Java examples
- Kafka Tutorial 14: Writing Advanced Kafka Consumer Java examples
- Kafka Tutorial Part 15: Kafka and Avro
- Kafka Tutorial Part 16: Kafka and Schema Registry
- Kafka Tutorial ____
Check out our new GoLang course. We provide onsite Go Lang training which is instructor led.Tweet
AWS Cassandra Database Support
Kafka Support Pricing
Cassandra Database Support Pricing
Advantages of using Cloudurable™
Cloudurable™| Guide to AWS Cassandra Deploy
Cloudurable™| AWS Cassandra Guidelines and Notes
Free guide to deploying Cassandra on AWS
Kafka Tutorial PDF