May 24, 2017
This comprehensive Kafka tutorial covers Kafka architecture and design. The Kafka tutorial has example Java Kafka producers and Kafka consumers. The Kafka tutorial also covers Avro and Schema Registry.
- Kafka Tutorial Part 1: What is Kafka?
- Kafka Tutorial Part 2: Kafka Architecture
- Kafka Tutorial Part 3: Kafka Topic Architecture
- Kafka Tutorial Part 4: Kafka Consumer Architecture
- Kafka Tutorial Part 5: Kafka Producer Architecture
- Kafka Tutorial Part 6: Using Kafka from the command line
- Kafka Tutorial Part 7: Kafka Broker Failover and Consumer Failover
- Kafka Tutorial Part 8: Kafka Ecosystem
- Kafka Tutorial Part 9: Kafka Low-Level Design
- Kafka Tutorial Part 10: Kafka Log Compaction Architecture
- Kafka Tutorial Part 11: Writing a Kafka Producer example in Java
- Kafka Tutorial Part 12: Writing a Kafka Consumer example in Java
- Kafka Tutorial Part 13: Writing Advanced Kafka Producer with Java examples
- Kafka Tutorial Part 14: Writing Advanced Kafka Consumer with Java examples
- Kafka Tutorial Part 15: Kafka and Avro
- Kafka Tutorial Part 16: Kafka and Schema Registry
- Kafka Tutorial
Kafka Training - Onsite, Instructor-led
Training for DevOps, Architects and Developers
This Kafka course teaches the basics of the Apache Kafka distributed streaming platform. The Apache Kafka distributed streaming platform is one of the most powerful and widely used reliable streaming platforms. Kafka is a fault tolerant, highly scalable and used for log aggregation, stream processing, event sources and commit logs. Kafka is used by LinkedIn, Yahoo, Twitter, Square, Uber, Box, PayPal, Etsy and more to enable stream processing, online messaging, facilitate in-memory computing by providing a distributed commit log, data collection for big data and so much more.
This course provides a technical introduction to all the conceptual and practical areas needed to use the Kafka Streaming Platform successfully, and deploy to production.
It is written expressly for Developers who must develop and DevOps who must deploy with an emphasis on AWS deployments. The course provides a solid foundation in the architecture ok Kafka and how to work with it.
After taking this course, you will be ready to work with Kafka in an informed and productive manner.
We provide more than just developer training. We provide the training to maximize your developer and DevOps expertise.
In this three to four day hands-on course, developers, and DevOps learn how to build applications that can publish data to and subscribe to data from, a Kafka cluster. They learn about the setup and maintenance of that cluster.
Kafka is a key-ingredient in microservices development. It helps move you away from slow and unresponsive shared-state architectures with its abundance of cascading failures to in-memory actors systems done in Kafka streams, QBit and Akka. We can show you how to set up the Kafka streaming platform as part of your high-speed, reactive microservices architecture. Technology stacks like Kafka, Akka and QBit are the backbone for event driven microservices.
Let us help you set up a solid foundation in the architecture and data model of the Kafka Streaming Platform and how to deploy it correctly based on your use cases to AWS.
Why choose us and our Kafka Course
We have successfully deployed the streaming solutions at large fortune 100s and very high traffic web properties. We have the experience to deploy and monitor Kafka clusters running on AWS EC2. We have been there and done that and understand when and where streaming platforms makes sense and how to avoid common pitfalls.
AWS Kafka and Kafka as a Service
Our company is set up to support tools like Kafka running in AWS EC2. We have deployed 100 million user microservices in AWS using streaming solutions. We provide Kafka support, AMI images for Kafka, CloudFormation templates, and tools for collecting metrics and logs to support Kafka in AWS via CloudWatch. Supporting Kafka in production in AWS, EC2, and S3 is what we do.
”(The instructor) taught an onsite course at our office…. I highly recommend (the instructor). The training was thorough, and the examples were non-trivial. … He was ready with answers to the most detailed of questions.” –Jack
“He’s an engaging instructor who is genuinely interested in his client’s results. He did a great job customizing our course content to meet our exact needs. A few months earlier we had another vendor teach a similar course without nearly the same positive results. “ –John
”(The instructor) knowledge of … technologies is both deep and wide. His training and mentoring skills are the best that I’ve come across. His passion and proficiency has been inspiring for me and many others in the development community.” –Tom
(The instructor) delivered what was hands-down the best technical training I’ve ever received. He also played a key role on a large project, and it was always a great pleasure to work with him. –Aaron
Being a consultant as well as an teacher, he speaks from experience and possesses a deep knowledge of his subject areas. Highly recommended. –Thomas
Kafka Course Information
Duration: 3 to 4 days
Labs: Minimum 50% hands-on labs
Reasonable Java experience some knowledge of asynchronous programming.
- Understand the motivation for using a streaming platform like Kafka
- Understand Kafka at a high-level
- Basic installation/setup of Kafka, and how an installation is structured
- Understand the Kafka architecture
- Understand how to deploy Kafka for fail-over and disaster recovery
- Understand the use cases for Kafka
- How to write producers and consumers
- Use Avro and Schema Registry
- Use Kafka REST Proxy
- Implement Disaster Recovery with MirrorMaker
Kafka Course Outline:
- Kafka Introduction
- Kafka Setup
- Kafka Architecture, Use Cases and Best Practices
- Writing Producers
- Writing Consumers
- Handling streams and integration
- Cluster Admin
- Working with Partitions for parallel processing and resiliency
- Deploying Kafka to AWS to survive a single AZ failure
- Deploying Kafka to AWS using a cluster mirroring in multi-regions
- Kafka integration with Spark
- Complex Consumers
- Advanced Producers
- Schema Registry
- Running Kafka Cluster in AWS
- Kafka REST Proxy
- Kafka Stream
- Kafka Connect
- Multi-threaded Consumers
Kafka Training Detailed Course Outline
Check out all of our SMACK training
- Cassandra training
- DynamoDB training
- Kafka training
- Kinesis training
- Apache Spark training
- Akka Training
AWS Cassandra Database Support
Kafka Support Pricing
Cassandra Database Support Pricing
Advantages of using Cloudurable™
Cloudurable™| Guide to AWS Cassandra Deploy
Cloudurable™| AWS Cassandra Guidelines and Notes
Free guide to deploying Cassandra on AWS
Kafka Tutorial PDF